When you are browsing websites on the internet, many websites store text files called cookies on your computer, to help track your use of the site and to personalise your journey around the website. These cookies can be stored so that if you return to a website, that website server can call the information from the cookies stored on your computer to tailor your experience of the site.
Most browsers have the option of disabling cookies being stored on your computer if you wish to do this.
Who we are
What information we collect and how
The information we collect via this website may include:
(1) Any personal details you type in and submit, such as name, address, email address, etc. We only collect information that we require for completion of orders and account set up. We never store payment details on the websites.
(2) Data which allows us to recognise you, your preferences (including items added to your basket) and how you use this website. This saves you from re-entering information when you return to the site. This data is collected by cookies from your navigation around the site.
(3) Your IP address (this is your computer’s individual identification number) which is automatically logged by our web server. This is used to note your interest in our website and your location (e.g. county/city) for our site analytics.
(4) Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we may send you.
What we do with your information.
Any personal information we collect from you will be used in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Data Protection Act (DPA) 2018 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:
(1) to process your order and to provide pre and after-sales service (we may pass your details to another organisation to supply/deliver products or services you have purchased and/or to provide pre and after-sales service). and
(2) to carry out security checks (this may involve passing your details to an Identity Verification service, who will check details we give them against public and private databases - this helps to protect you and us from fraudulent transactions); and
(3) to comply with legal requirements.
We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use our site and issuing our emails for us.
We would also like to inform you of various promotions, goods and services that may be of interest to you. These could come from us, or from carefully selected third parties. You may be contacted by post, email, telephone, SMS or such other means, including new technology. You may unsubscribe at a later date, if you wish - ‘Your rights’ section below.
(1) You can ask us to update your personal information by emailing precise details of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
(2) You can ask us not to send you future marketing communications. To do this, email your request to email@example.com
We will then suppress your data from all direct marketing, although we will still keep it for processing your order and fulfilling customer service and after sale obligations. Alternatively, you can post your request to the address in (3) below.
(3) You also have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply write to us at the following address. Please enclose a cheque for £10 payable to Parabellum Consulting Limited to cover our administration costs and proof of ID such as a copy of your driving licence or a recent utility bill:
Parabellum Consulting Limited